Many people rely on the weather to carry out their daily activities. They can run successful businesses, governments, or academic institutions when they have reliable weather information. For an individual to understand the weather forecast, there are terminologies that one must know. Weather indicators are also essential in weather study. Therefore, people around the world need to understand more weather indicators and terminology.
When you want to learn about the weather terminologies, you need to follow a meteorological glossary. The glossary has weather terminologies that begin from A-Z. Therefore people can learn various weather terms, such as the following:
- Ablation – This weather term indicates a reduction of water that is equivalent to snow cover. Water reduces by melting, evaporation, avalanches, or wind.
- Acid Rain – A generic term for rainfall that has an abnormal concentration of nitric and sulphuric acid. Industrial gas emitted to combine with water harming human life and the environment.
- Advection Fog – Fog that forms when warm and moist air moves over a cold land or water surface.
- Anchor Ice – A term that describes a block of submerged ice or attached ice at the bottom of the sea.
- Cloud – A visible water droplet cluster or particles of ice formed in the atmosphere.
- Glacier – This is a sea-ice terminology. Weather experts use it to describe a mass of snow and ice that continually moves from a higher to lower ground.
- Hurricane – These are tropical cyclones with a surface wind of at least 118 km/h or 64 knots.
There are essential weather indicators that people around the world need to know. Some of these indicators help people to study and understand more about the weather. Thus, people who follow weather patterns must know some of these weather indicators, such as the following:
- Warm days
- Cool nights
- Cold spell duration indicator
- Warm spell duration indicator
- Heavy precipitation days
- Consecutive wet days
- Consecutive dry days
Many people do not understand information on weather indicators and terminology. However, they can improve their skills in this field by joining part-time classes. There are online lessons offered by various learning institutions on weather terminology and indicators. Thus, one can join and learn about these weather terminologies.